Monday, April 21, 2014

Palo Alto: Day 7 of California

Today was the last day in California... :(

Like a good Asian, we visited the Stanford campus and surrounding area. Breakfast at a local cafe was nice, with plenty of people-watching. I could definitely get used to that. Suddenly, Stanford just became a contender on the list of colleges that I want to apply to. With decent weather and good job prospects in Silicon Valley, why not? The campus itself blew me away, too. The architecture was beautiful, with most of the buildings having a colonial Spanish feel. The church was also amazing, boasting gorgeous stained glass windows and an incredible chapel.

Lunch was lots of fun today. We had Chinese food. We ordered live shrimp, which is much better than it sounds. The shrimp aren't moving or anything, don't worry. But you do have to peel the shrimp and everything before eating the flesh. It's actually a lot of fun to work for your food like that. I beheaded a shrimp! I know, it sounds savage... XD Like I said though, it was fun to work for the food. The shrimp was delicious! The meat was tender and fresh, with a hint of sweetness when eaten with a dab of soy sauce. Slightly sweet seafood is the best. That shows how fresh it is. It was nice to have a lighter Asian meal after a few days. The restaurant was called Mayflower Restaurant, in case you're interested. And order the live shrimp! It's fun AND delicious! Trust me! ^.^

We didn't do much after that. It was off to the airport, ready to leave... The trip was a wonderful experience, and I'd love to come back some time! But for now, I think I'm ready to go back home. (I said, home, not school. :P) Yes, once I get home, I'll get about 3 hours of sleep before going to school. Not to mention that I missed school today, so there's going to be makeup work. Oh, and rehearsal. Tech week, ugh. I'll be half asleep while singing... Speaking of which, I should probably get back to learning my lines... Maybe I'm not ready to go back yet...

Well, what can I do? It's going to be a long rest of the week. Oh well. That's life. At least the trip was awesome! :D So, the night ends now, with me writing another blog post. Until next time, this is Rachel Ma, and, in the words of Alton Brown, I bid you good eating.

Song I'm humming tonight: Frozen Heart from "Frozen"

No comments:

Post a Comment