Friday, March 14, 2014

Day 14: Pi(e) Day!

Happy Pi Day! Like every other year, I missed 1:59, but that's alright. There's always next year! Also, High Tech hung up the first 100 or so digits of pi through the freshmen hallway, to which I thought, "Only at High Tech..."
In the spirit of pi day, it's a post about pie! No, not the number, because I really can't recite that many digits. I was thinking more of pie, the stuff you eat on Thanksgiving that can have so many different fillings. Apple pie, pumpkin pie, cherry pie, blueberry pie, Boston creme pie, you name it! It is a classic American dessert, whether you prefer it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream. 
My personal favorite pie is chestnut. It's not exactly conventional, but it's so delicious. Chestnut pie is much like pumpkin pie, except the filling is chestnut, of course. The chocolate crust is crispy and sugary, while the filling is rich and smooth. Chestnuts have a distinct, sweet flavor, making the pie feel just like a walk in New York in the winter. 
Below, I've included a couple of random, cute pie recipes. Enjoy!
So the night ends now, with me writing yet another blog post. Until next time, this is Rachel Ma, and, in the words of Alton Brown, I bid you good eating.

Song I'm humming tonight: 

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY PI DAY TO YOU TOO! We had apple pie today in math class and it was really good-- it was I think the third time I've ever had pie, which is pretty sad. Sigh. I don't get pie often, but I wish I could. It was pretty disappointing since I only got a tiny slice, but I was happy all the same. :)

    ReplyDelete