Friday, March 21, 2014

Day 21: Semi-Formal!

Sorry. no culinary adventures today! Today is dedicated to our school's spy-themed semi-formal dance, which turned out to be a huge success! Yay for 007-shaped drink arrangement!


The dance itself was everything that an average high school dance should have been. The room was hot and sweaty. The music was blasting to the point where your ears would ring afterwards. Everyone was screaming the lyrics to whatever song was playing. Hardly anyone was actually dancing, mostly just fist pumps and swaying hips. It was essentially a huge dance party. Like I said, pretty normal.
There were a few highlights of the dance. Two prom proposals happened, both of which were really adorable... ^.^ Everyone was wearing black and/or white for the theme, except for those few rogue individuals who splashed color into an otherwise plainly colored dance. Shoutout to them for adding a little bit of a rainbow! Other than that, most were elegantly dressed in nice dresses or suits. Girls complained about pained feet from high heels. I've learned from past experience that dancing in heels does not end well, but surprisingly, my shoes tonight were comfortable. Perks of wedges and platforms, I suppose. There were so many people there, and the room was way too stuffy. I had to leave twice because it was so warm and congested. All the same, it was so much fun, and it was a great way to end the year of SGA events. I'm so tired after all of that.....
So the night ends now, with me writing yet another blog post. Until next time, this is Rachel Ma, and, in the words of Alton Brown, I bid you good eating.

Song I'm humming tonight: Pompeii by Bastille

No comments:

Post a Comment