Thursday, March 6, 2014

Day 6: Only Slightly Off-Topic...

At last, the day has come where I would not blog about food for once. Dinner was so simple, I found that there was nothing inspiring about it. Of course, it could also be because I'm tired, and tiredness does not help in coming up with connections between food and life. So, here's a post about life.
It's been a long week. Actually, it's been a normal week, but it felt long. I was going to say that it was because we had a completely normal week for once. Then I realized, "Oh wait, we had a delayed opening on Monday..." So there goes that. I think Mother Nature has gotten a grip on herself (though I would hate to jinx it). Maybe we won't have to worry about another blizzard rampaging past us again. After all, daylight savings time is on Sunday! Speaking of daylight savings time...
 I had no idea until I looked on my calendar and saw it marked... Who knew? The days are getting longer, and the nights are getting shorter, paving the way for spring and summer! We can start thinking about not having to wear a bubble jacket and scarf everywhere we go. No need for sweatshirts; the t-shirts are being rolled out! I think I can sacrifice one hour of sleep for that one. Speaking of sleep...
Over the years, I've come to realize how precious sleep really is. Remember when we were little, and we would have to beg to stay up past 10 PM? Those were the days were sleeping at 11:30 or 12 was practically unheard of. Now, I find that I've become a night owl. I don't sleep that late (around 10:30 to 11), but considering what time school starts, it's not a lot of sleep. I really didn't appreciate the days where I could sleep early, and now I want them back. You really don't appreciate stuff until it's gone, huh?
Re-reading this post, clearly it got very off-topic. See, this is what happens when I'm tired. So, the night ends now, with me writing yet another blog post. Until next time, this is Rachel Ma, and, in the words of Alton Brown, I bid you good eating.

Song I'm humming tonight: Limon y Sal by Julieta Venegas

No comments:

Post a Comment