Monday, March 31, 2014

Day 31: One More Dawn, One More Day...

ONE DAY MORE! (er, one post more?)

This is, indeed my final Slice of Life post. It's been a long journey, and now, we are on the final stretch. So bear with me as we finish the last bit of out 2014 Slice of Life!

I was planning on blogging about food every day for this blog, but that hasn't exactly worked out. Some nights, I've blogged about other things, but tonight, let's finish this the way we started it. (TOGETHER! Harry Potter reference for those Potterheads out there. :P)

Dinner was very pleasurable tonight. My mom made pork chops, and I must say that this is some of her finest work yet. The pork was tender and juicy, brimming with flavor. The meat absorbed the light sauce like a sponge, so each bite was flowed with delicious tastes. On the same plate, the vegetables soaked up whatever sauce the meat could not, resulting in a similar, delectable flavor. Finally, the fresh garlic bread with butter rounded out the meal with a bit of richness against the sharper tastes of the pork. Dessert was more macaroons, as we finished the rest of the pack that my friend had brought two nights ago. Thank goodness they had not gone stale yet!

Today was the first time in forever (Frozen! ^.^) that I didn't have homework. Well, not really at least. I mean, I had the blog post, but that was about it. I don't remember the last time I had such a relaxed day! So the night ends now, with me writing one more SoL blog post. Until another time, this is Rachel Ma, and, and in the words of Alton Brown, I bid you good eating.

Song I'm humming tonight: For the First Time in Forever from Frozen (which I've actually never seen. That is definitely on my bucket list...)

1 comment:

  1. Its finally over.
    Also, that song is awesome(don't laugh at me)

    ReplyDelete