Monday, March 3, 2014

Day 3: Eating Sorrows Away

Dinner was no fun today. I mean, don't get me wrong, the food was great. Fried pork cutlets, spicy tofu, and spinach. The cutlets were tender and juicy, the crispy breadcrumbs adding a crunchy sparkle. The warm tofu was perfect for the cold night, keeping me cozy and satisfied. It was good food, yes. As per usual, homemade Chinese was perfect. Yet, it wasn't the food that ate away at my conscience.
I was stressed out yesterday. It was over small issues which I won't bore you with, but the more important thing is that I was stressed, and there was food. That brought up an interesting point for me. We joke around all the time and say, "Oh, just eat your sorrows away!" The problem is, we really do eat our sorrows away. Literally. That probably isn't healthy. In fact, there is actually a condition called binge-eating where one just continuously eats and eats and eats. That is no healthy way to solve your problems. If you want to eat to comfort you, that's okay. I'd be hypocritical if I said that I didn't eat to make myself feel better sometimes. The point is to know your limit.
I know that this post is short... Sorry. But it's really late and I realized that I didn't blog today. So the night ends now, with me writing another blog post. Until next time, this is Rachel Ma, and, in the words of Alton Brown, I bid you good eating.

Song I'm humming tonight: Fighter by Christina Aguilera 

No comments:

Post a Comment