Saturday, March 22, 2014

Day 22: To Be Hungry, Or Not To Be Hungry

That, is the question... Have you ever felt like you're just not sure if you're hungry or not? Sometimes, it's just that feeling of "Am I actually hungry, or do I just want to eat?" When I have that internal debate, chances are, I just want to eat for the sake of eating. I'll take a bite of something, only to find that I really don't want to have anything. It was merely a thought in the back of my mind that said, "You want food! Oh wait, just kidding!"
I'm not sure if that feeling is a good thing or a bad thing. On one hand, it may be a sign that I'm a foodie, which I would be proud of. On the other hand, it could cause me to gain extra weight because I'm constantly eating.
Today, I was in one of those scenarios where I wasn't sure if I wanted to eat or not. I just stood in front of the pantry for a good ten minutes, trying to decide what I wanted to eat, if at all. Then came a good 10 minutes in front of the refrigerator, staring into the possibilities of edible delights. For a quick snack, I decided on some cheese and crackers. I took out everything I needed and put everything together. Once I took a bite, however, I realized that I wasn't really that hungry. I just felt like eating. Sighing, I finished what was left on the plate and returned back to my computer. Once again, I was deceived by my mind.
Am I the only one who has felt like that, or do you get random internal conflicts over whether to eat or not? Comment below! :D In the meantime, the night ends now, with me writing yet another blog post. Until next time, this is Rachel Ma, and, in the words of Alton Brown, I bid you good eating.

Song I'm humming tonight: All of Me by John Legend

No comments:

Post a Comment