Saturday, March 29, 2014

Day 29: Fanfiction, 2048, and Dinner Party

Within the past few hours, I've found two more sources of procrastination. The first is fanfiction. After watching a certain TV series, I have found a fanfiction story that can last me a while. At least, I hope so. The story is 100 chapters long, not to mention that there's a sequel. I first came across the story on YouTube. The author made a book trailer for it, and the trailer pulled me into the story. So far, the story is well-developed, but the grammar is absolutely awful. Sometimes, I struggle to figure out what the author is trying to say. I don't think there's been a single comma throughout the entire first half, not to mention the fact that the writer doesn't seem to know the difference between "threw" and "through". Sigh... At least the plot is decent.
The other option is a game called 2048. As I understand it, many people at High Tech have already discovered this game. If you haven't yet, try it! It can be found here. The point of the game is to match up similar tiles so they can combine. You want to try to get the 2048 tile, or 2^11. So far, I've gotten up to the 512 tile. The game is a both frustrating and entertaining, making you think about the best strategies. One wrong move, and you could be done for. Have fun!
Tonight, some family friends are coming over, so I won't be able to blog about my culinary travels. :( It should be fun; we haven't had dinner together for a while. Until the families get here, I'll be doing some more comments for SoL. I really shouldn't have left them to do all at once... Oh well. I should probably get to that. So the evening approaches, with me writing yet another blog post. Until next time, this is Rachel Ma, and, in the words of Alton Brown, I bid you good eating. 

Song I'm humming today: Iris by Goo Goo Dolls

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm, I don't know if I could possibly force myself to read something with awful grammar. It's just one of those things that irks me. Like people who say things irk them.

    ReplyDelete