Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Day 26: ¿Paella? ¿Noodles? ¿Por qué no los dos?

What do you get when you cross paella, risotto, and noodles? I have no idea, but apparently, you get this!


I saw it on a NY Times Dining article today, and the dish looks absolutely delicious! Just as a quick note, paella is a traditional Spanish rice dish made with tons of seafood, sausage, and a pinch of paprika. It's absolutely delicious!!! It's extremely popular in Spanish culture, and if you go to a Spanish restaurant, chances are, it'll be on the menu! Personally, I love the brininess of the seafood fused with the herbs that are stirred into the rice. The rice is savory, sucking in flavor from the succulent seafood. 
When I read this article, I was totally fascinated. Normally, I'm not a big fan of rice. I'd prefer noodles to rice any day. It was also a cross between Spanish and Italian food, two of my favorite cuisines. The dish seems to have all of the flavors of paella, while using the techniques of making pasta. Hooray for the recipe at the bottom of the page! 
The article is linked below, with a recipe at the bottom of the page. If you're interested, I recommend giving it a try! And if you do, be sure to comment on your results! :D So the night ends now, with me writing yet another blog post. Until next time, this is Rachel Ma, and, in the words of Alton Brown, I bid you good eating.

Song I'm humming tonight: Radioactive by Imagine Dragons

No comments:

Post a Comment