Saturday, March 15, 2014

Day 15: Burger Without The King

If anyone has ever been to the Freehold Mall, you've likely seen the sign for Bobby's Burger Palace, next to the Cheesecake Factory. The restaurant was recently built, one of the newest stores in the mall. Today, I stopped by for an early dinner, and I must say that it has not failed to disappoint yet again!


The joint was started by American chef Bobby Flay. It serves 10 different burgers, each inspired by a certain destination of Flay's travels around America. Each month, a special comes out, known as the "Burger of the Month". Normally, when I go to BBP, I order the Buffalo Style Burger, with hot sauce, blue cheese, and watercress. The burger is done however you like it, from rare to well done. It is always perfectly cooked, not tough or dry. The Buffalo Style Burger has a spicy kick to it, while the blue cheese and watercress cool down the spice a bit. However, this time, I settled for the Burger of the Month, a Louisiana Burger. Topped with hot sauce, pepper jack cheese, and spicy ham, I was going all out on this one. No mercy. Where the burger would not spare me in its spice, I would not spare it in its fate. I could chomp through the heat, vowing that I would not stop. It was, in the end, a very satisfying burger, much better than any fast food.
Oh, and I don't think I've mentioned the fries yet. Fried to perfection, the potatoes are crispy and thick, dashed with some sea salt to top it off. Dunk it in their fry sauce (a ranch-like dressing with a little kick) to get a delicious masterpiece. Or, if you prefer sweet potatoes, that's fine, too! Like their potato friends, they too are perfectly done, with a hint of sweetness with their honey mustard sauce.
If you're interested to try Bobby's Burger Palace, the link to their website can be found here. So the night ends now, with me writing yet another blog post. Until next time, this is Rachel Ma, and, in the words of Alton Brown, I bid you good eating.

Song I'm humming tonight: 100 Years by Five for Fighting

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, we have a Bobby's Burger Palace near the mall by us too, and it's actually awesome. I've actually talked to Bobby Flay several times, as my mom's boss is good friends with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? She does? Ugh, jealous! I love Bobby;s Burger Palace. Their milkshakes are actually pretty good too.

      Delete