Sunday, March 16, 2014

Day 16: Being Sick Doesn't Help Your Taste Buds...

All day today, I wasn't feeling all that great. I had a headache, and my nose was feeling congested. I'm thankful to say that I'm much better now, but I am also sad to report that my taste buds had minimal adventure today outside of chicken soup. :(
I hardly ate anything special today. Every meal was chicken soup and noodles, with some form of vegetables in the soup. At first, it was good, comforting and warm when I felt miserable. Now, after having it all day, it's no longer so appetizing. The saltiness of the soup began to taste bland, and the noodles began to feel mushy on my tongue. I can't say that I don't enjoy noodles and soup anymore because I'd be lying, but for today, I think I've had quite enough.

^This for every meal today is no fun. 

Normally, sweets make me feel worse when I don't feel well. Today, however, I ended up craving something cold and sweet. Not creamy sweet, like ice cream. More like a sorbet, with its refreshing tang. With my luck, of course, we had none of that in the house, so lemon soda had to do. Then again, with my luck, nothing I'm ever really in the mood for is in my fridge... :P
Sorry this post is so short today. I really don't have much to blog about, since there were no culinary adventures. So the night ends now, with me writing yet another blog post. Until next time, this is Rachel Ma, and, in the words of Alton Brown, I bid you good eating.

Song I'm humming tonight: Candle on the Water from "Pete's Dragon"

No comments:

Post a Comment